Northern Extremes Snowmobiling offers self guided rentals: hourly, half day, full day and multi day. Our Bear Notch Trail System features 50 plus miles of trails and is perfect for families and inexperienced riders. It is impossible to get lost. Our Bretton Woods Location offers hundreds of miles of trails and is the gateway to the Great North Woods. First Time Riders are recommended to take a guided tour from our Bretton Woods Location. Want to maximize your time on the trails try one of our Guided Tour?
Snowmobile Rentals Includes
Sled, full-face helmet and map. All individuals will receive full operating instructions before riding.
Self Guided Snowmobile Rental Rates
|2 Hour Rental
Saturday's & Vacation Weeks*
|Saturday's & Vacation Weeks*
December 24, 2016 - January 1, 2017
February 18 to February 25, 2017
Group Rates Available Sunday-Friday
Book 5 or more snowmobiles
and get 10% discount.
Book 10 or more snowmobiles
and get 15% discount.
Book 15 or more snowmobiles and get 20% discount.
Free Midweek Delivery To Trailside Lodging Properties:
Golden Gables Inn, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, North Conway Grand, Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, Homes with Trail Side Access: Two Sled Minimum.
Bear Notch Half Day Madness
Single Snowmobiles $95 Bartlett location only.
Advance Reservations required for Early Riser Specials.
Subject to availability.
Valid January 2 to January 31. Except January 15
Advance Reservations Required **
** Cannot be combined with ay other offer, discount or special.
Family Snowmobile Package:
2 Double Snowmobiles for 2 Hours: $190*.
Each additional snowmobile $95
Passengers must be 18 and under
Early Risers: 9am Valid Everyday!
Two single snowmobile for 2 hour self guided rental $150.
Each additional snowmobile $75
Double Snowmobile for 2 Hour Self Guided Rental: $95.
Each additional snowmobile $95.
Advance Reservations Required.
Book 5 or more snowmobile and get 10% discount.
Book 10 or more snowmobile and get 15% discount.
Book 15 or more snowmobiles and get 20% discount.
* Full Day Rental is from 9am to 5 pm.
** Half Day Rental is any 4 hour block during regular hours
CLOTHING RENTALS ALSO AVAILABLE
Northern Extremes Snowmobiling wants everyone to enjoy their snowmobile adventure. Getting cold or wet on your ride might ruin your day. We ask all participants to dress appropriate for winter conditions. For safety we will not allow anyone to ride a snowmobile in jeans or sneakers. Remember passengers will be colder than drivers.
Clothing Rental Pricing:
Jacket $7 | Pants $7 | Boots $7 | Gloves $7
We have sizes xs to xxxl
- All snowmobile drivers must be 16 years of age with a valid drivers license to operate a snowmobile.
- DWI on a snowmobile is illegal; penalties and fines apply to your driver's license.
- Helmets are required for all operators and passengers.
- Passengers must be at least five years of age or older.
- Self guided rentals: requires individuals to be 21 years of age or older unless accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Guided tour: individuals must be 16 years of age or older with a valid drivers license to operate a single sled.
- Click here for the Official rules of NH.
- Maximum trail speed 45MPH
- Trail connectors 35MPH
- Bridges, sidewalks, trail junctions and parking lots 10MPH
- Always operate at a reasonable and prudent speed within your ability.
- Always drive on the right hand side of the trail and park to the right in single file off the edge of a groomed surface.
- Stay on designated trails and respect landowner's property.
- NEVER drink and drive!
Reservation & Cancellation Policy For Guided Tours & Rentals
Guided Tours: Book 5 snowmobiles and have a private guide.
- Northern Extremes requires a $25 per person advance deposit to hold all snowmobile reservations.
- This $25 deposit is fully refundable with a 48 hour cancellation notice.
- If reservation is cancelled within 48 hours, you would forfeit the deposit amount.
- In the event of adverse weather or snow conditions deposit will be refunded.
- Adverse weather includes: no snow, temperatures below zero, rain and snowstorms.
- We want everyone to enjoy their snowmobile adventure.
- GUIDED TOURS: Individuals should ARRIVE 40 MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED TOUR TIME!
- * SELF GUIDED RENTALS: Rental time begins at time reserved not arrival time. We recommend individuals arrive 30 minutes prior to Rental time and complete paperwork in advance.
- There is a $50 per hour late fee. Sorry, getting lost is not a valid excuse.
- NOTE: Self guided rentals: Individuals are responsible for gas & damages.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW):
Self Guided Rental: Collision Damage Waiver Fee:
$20 Two Hour Rental
$30 Half Day Rental
$35 Full Day Rental
- No Credit Card Authorization is Required with the purchase of a optional Collision Damage Waiver (CDW).
- If a CDW is not purchased, a $750 debit/credit card authorization security deposit is required per snowmobile.
- If individuals purchase the CDW it will limit the amount of damages to $750.
- CDW LIMITS RENTERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO THE FIRST $750 worth of damages.
- Collision Damage Waiver only covers damages to the sled they are operating, not for damages done to others.
- When a Collision Damage Waiver is purchased than no credit card authorization is required.
Northern Extremes Snowmobiling has a 48 hour cancellation policy. We reserve the right to deny service to anyone under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or improperly dressed.